Sealed Electrical Connectors...

Guest talus

Guest talus

So I'm working on my stator change and the one of the first things to do is disconnect the 4 electrical connectors that sit over the alternator cover. Two are simple to release. It's the other two 4 wire ones that I'm having trouble with.

Soooooo.... how do you get these things apart? I'm talking about the gasket-ed type 4 pin ones. They look like they have multiple release clips to separate them.

I don't get it. Then again I was a fairly slow learner with the plastic fairing pins. HELP Please!

gallery_11167_3051_2766.png

Sealed connectors

• Member Contributer

I am no expert, but I have certainly pulled apart my share of connectors in the last couple days, you should be able to push the side tab outwards and then pull apart, but I understand that they can be stubborn

It's just held in by one tab. In your picture of the black connector, it's directly below the "rounded" part. Just move it aside with a small screwdriver and it comes apart.

Ok - I got them...THANKS! They are a right b*&%$ to get open - there was a fair bit of suction since they have a gasket. Despite the crud on the outside and where I was handling them for the pics they were spotless inside.

I do understand now that there is only ONE tab to move... the inner one (lift the tab with the red arrow).

Hope this helps someone else.

gallery_11167_3051_397038.jpg

Sealed Connectors 1.jpg

gallery_11167_3051_48741.jpg

Sealed Connectors 2.jpg

Archived