Need More Rebound Damping

bsujanto

Hi,

I feel that the shock of my VTEC ABS doesn't have enough rebound damping even at max setting (clockwise until stop). The road here is a bit bumpy at some places. I don't have any complaint while it's going straight, but I hate it pogoing while leaning in a corner.

It's 5K on the clock now and I don't feel confident with the backside since it was new. I don't think the stock one is abnormal. It is more to the road condition and the way I ride.

In conclusion, I want more rebound damping. Will I get it if I switch to aftermarket like ohlins?

Budi

be careful not to over do the rebound damping, once your tyre leaves a "selfislhy wasting bandwidth" you want it to follow the road back down, not get stuck in the air. If the rebound it to high the wheel will not follow the road but will instead let the road drop from beneath it causing the hole bike to drop down, now thats fine if your going straight but if your mid corner and your backwheel hits a "selfislhy wasting bandwidth" and leaves the road. . . . . . , well i think we all know where that heads

be careful not to over do the rebound damping, once your tyre leaves a "selfislhy wasting bandwidth" you want it to follow the road back down, not get stuck in the air. If the rebound it to high the wheel will not follow the road but will instead let the road drop from beneath it causing the hole bike to drop down, now thats fine if your going straight but if your mid corner and your backwheel hits a "selfislhy wasting bandwidth" and leaves the road. . . . . . , well i think we all know where that heads

Yes I know what you mean, but pogoing means it needs more rebound, doesn't it.

Archived