Best Place To Order Tires From?

Guest Badazzteacher

Guest Badazzteacher

I need to get a new set of tires fast and am curious to who you all have had good luck ordering tires online from. I have ordered from bikebandit.com before and they are quick and trustworthy, but pricey.

The best price I found for the tires I want(Conti Road Attacks) are from RideDirect.com. Have any of you ordered from this business before? They are like $40 cheaper than everywhere else with their free shipping.

You could check tireexpress.com. They are the cheapest I've found, especially if you are buying a pair. They have deals for buying pairs of some models.

Try www.motorcycle-superstore.com also. Just bought a set from them at about 20-30 percent off retail. I got free shipping and they have fast delivery.

• Member Contributer

www.swmototires.com. Order them today and you'll have them Monday or Tuesday. Good prices and free shipping with two tires.

Friend of mine always buys from the EBAY Store "MOTORACE CLOSEOUT'S". They carry some street tires and a lot of race compound tires. Can get two rears and a front for $339 shipped. The tires are "new" not old stock.

• Member Contributer

If you do decide to go with ridedirect.com, you shouldn't have any problems. I just ordered through them (exact same tires no less) about 2 or 3 weeks ago. No suprises. Placed my order on a Friday and they showed up on like Tuesday. Nice painless transaction - just the way I like it.

You could check tireexpress.com. They are the cheapest I've found, especially if you are buying a pair. They have deals for buying pairs of some models.

OK Gentlemen, I thank you for your responses. I ordered a set of Conti Road Attacks (my second set now!) from tireexpress.com. I got the set for $233.00 ($209.99 for set) with shipping added in. Awesome deal and I saved probably $40 over the nearest competitors. That $40 savings will now pay for the mounting and balancing at local Honda dealer. I can't wait to get my new sticky tires for summer!

I would love to hear your review on the new ones. I need new tires and am leaning towards the Conti's. Congrats!

OK Gentlemen, I thank you for your responses. I ordered a set of Conti Road Attacks (my second set now!) from tireexpress.com. I got the set for $233.00 ($209.99 for set) with shipping added in. Awesome deal and I saved probably $40 over the nearest competitors. That $40 savings will now pay for the mounting and balancing at local Honda dealer. I can't wait to get my new sticky tires for summer!

I bought the same tires from the same dealer. No complaints here. The tires took an extra couple days to get here, but I wasn't in a huge hurry for them. If they don't arrive at your door as soon as promised call Tire Express and check on them, or check on your order's status on their website.

I would love to hear your review on the new ones. I need new tires and am leaning towards the Conti's. Congrats!

If interested, here's a link to my (non-expert) review of the Road Attacks on VFRD:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33212

People have posted this link before, but read for yourselves.

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/acces...road-attack.php

I have no other tires to compare to since I have had my VFR for a year now and put those Road Attacks on it immediately. I have ridden just under 9000 miles on them. They stick in the twisties just fine for me and are smooth on the highway. I considered trying some Pirellis, Metzlers, or Michelins, but I am a bit frugal. If I liked them the first time around and they are inexpensive compared to other brands(which also may have a shorter life), then why not get another set?

Archived