This Is No Fun

Guest Gap Trash

Guest Gap Trash

Please help me trouble shoot this: The bike runs fine at crusing RPMS, but once I hit the twisties and I'm keeping the RPM's high I lose I think 1 or 2 cylinders after a couple of minutes. If I continue to ride the bike eventually dies and I have to sit on the side of the road for about 15 minutes before it will start and run. I thought this was strange too: When I'm trying to restart it, if I choke it it starts easier, even though the engine is hot and it's 90 degrees out, it almost runs like it should when choked. At this point I'm ready to throw in the towel on the VFR, I love it but she's getting old and I don't really like working on her.

• Member Contributer

Check the grounds to the packs. Take the bolt out! Can't say for sure, if it's the problem, but my buddy had the same symtoms, with a Sabre, and the grounds were corroded. Runs like a top now.

By the by,...How are you? Had fun hanging out with you, (as little as it was).

I'll give that a shot. I'm doing well thanks for asking. And how are you. You have to get back down here sometime and ride, I always have a couch 130 miles from the Gap. the Captain's on me this time.

Archived