Prescription Glasses

Guest mtbvfr

• Member Contributer

One quick caution on the polarized lenses is that most "fishing" glasses are polarized for the simple reason that you can see through the surface relections on the water to the critters swimming around below the surface. That means you also see through fluids on the road surface to what appears to be dry surface below. I have had polarized prescription glasses in the past and I have to say that the rainbow affect described above was also much more prevalant. I found myself riding through "drippings" of other vehicles that I would have otherwise avoided. My WileyX glasses are NOT polarized. With the wrap style, the frame is completely out of view when wearing them and with a good face shield, I sometimes can't tell there is anything between my eyes and my surroundings.

One quick caution on the polarized lenses is that most "fishing" glasses are polarized for the simple reason that you can see through the surface relections on the water to the critters swimming around below the surface. That means you also see through fluids on the road surface to what appears to be dry surface below. I have had polarized prescription glasses in the past and I have to say that the rainbow affect described above was also much more prevalant. I found myself riding through "drippings" of other vehicles that I would have otherwise avoided. My WileyX glasses are NOT polarized. With the wrap style, the frame is completely out of view when wearing them and with a good face shield, I sometimes can't tell there is anything between my eyes and my surroundings.

Have to agree with some of this, my polarized lenses make a lot rainbow images inside my helmet. But hey I'm a fisherman too, can't afford multiple pairs of $400 sunglasses, and when I'm not riding, polarized lenses give a spectacular view of the world.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a pair of presription glasses that I wouldn't trade for anything. They are a pair of WILEYX Air Rage frames. Wrap style, easy on/off with helmet, comes in clear or tinted - I chose the tinted, have a removable foam layer between the frame and your face similar to googles, The standard frame/lenses were $80 plus prescrition brought them to a total of $130. I have dropped them several times and either they are balanced just right or I've gotten very lucky because there isn't a mark on the lenses. I bought them at the local optometry store at the mall - Europtics. BUY THEM!!! You will love 'em.

Well, I've got some spare time at last to pursue this further. I have tried to contact WileyX via the Contact Page on their web site a few times but it still continues to respond with the following "The requested operation could not be completed. Please try again. If the problem persists please contact Customer Support for further assistance." However I could not find any link for Customer Support which is pretty useful. <_<

Could someone try contacting them by phone, please, on 800.776.7842 or 925.243.9810 and see if you get a valid email address for me?

Archived