Cellphone Mp3 With Chatterbox Frs Radio...

Guest Slacker

Guest Slacker

I've been playing around with using my cellphone's (Motorola E815) MP3 player with my Chatterbox FRS radio. The problem is that the cellphone won't switch to the 2.5mm jack as output when connected to the Chatterbox audio-in jack. It keeps playing through the phone's speaker. The phone works fine with earphones or a headset. I tried jacking it into a stereo through the stereo's 'line-in' connection. Same problem.

I traded some emails with Motorola support, but after getting through their standard troubleshooting questions (are you sure the cord is good, etc.) they fell back to "we can't gaurantee the function of our products with such devices" and pointed me towards a pair of earphones.

Anyone have any luck with this type of setup?

I bought the cellphone cable connector too. It's for Nokia. Only to find too much GSM noise interfering the Chatterbox GMRS X1. I didn't work for me. Sorry I can't answer whether the unit is switching to cellphone from stereo input.

I've been playing around with using my cellphone's (Motorola E815) MP3 player with my Chatterbox FRS radio. The problem is that the cellphone won't switch to the 2.5mm jack as output when connected to the Chatterbox audio-in jack. It keeps playing through the phone's speaker. The phone works fine with earphones or a headset. I tried jacking it into a stereo through the stereo's 'line-in' connection. Same problem.

I traded some emails with Motorola support, but after getting through their standard troubleshooting questions (are you sure the cord is good, etc.) they fell back to "we can't gaurantee the function of our products with such devices" and pointed me towards a pair of earphones.

Anyone have any luck with this type of setup?

The connections are different on a phone headset and a stereo audio jack. I just got my chatterbox and I'm starting to work on my configuration so I don't have all the info you need yet, but I assue that on the phone headset there are three contacts (neutral, mic and speaker) and the stereo jack has three also (neutral, left and right). What I don't know is if you E815 has four contact on the jack for mic and stereo then you have a real issue there finding an adapter that will take the correct contacts fo stereo and plug into the audio jack an CB. And if you do have four contacts it might not work right in the CB phone/Aux input.

I'd contact chatterbox for the solution, they should know or have the adapter for your phone.

Archived