Michelin Power Race

ihilker

A little info on Pilot Race tires.

Michelin sells two different types of their Race tires, one is the Pilot Race that come in "Soft, Med., Hard" compounds, these are available to all Michelin tire Retailers and mail order sellers and are good track day tires (like in the link above).

The Newer and better tires are Pilot Race "PR" series and are Only available through Track and Race Tire sellers and currently come in a PR1, PR2, PR3, PR4, PR5 compounds and the newest and soon to be only front a PRC. Racers and Michelin like the PRC so much it will soon be the only front they make (from what I hear) and start coming in different compounds very soon, it is like 9mm taller than their PR1 or 2 and offers much quicker turn-in over them. The PR1 & 2 are fronts and PR3, PR4, PR5's are rears with different compounds, with the PR5 having a different carcus(?) than the 3 or 4.

All of their Race tires say Pilot Race, the good one's say Pilot Race PR(whatever 1-5 or C).

Google the PR series to get detailer infor on compounds and such.

I'm running PRC fronts and PR5 rears takeoffs on my track bike now.

I have a new Pilot Race soft rear if you want it for cheap. Stay away from the Pilot Race H (hard) :blink:

Depending on how fast you are Pilot Powers(Corsa III's, BS M3's) make great track day tires, good right into mid expert/advanced groups and you don't have to worry about heat cycles or have tire warmers, they warm up faster and work well in the wet! :thumbsup:

I knew you guys would chime in and give me the info I needed. Thanks as always, I'm on a mission now.

Kevin, I was thinking of medium or medium soft.

I added this to my above post:

"I have a new Pilot Race soft rear if you want it for cheap. Stay away from the Pilot Race H (hard) :blink:

Depending on how fast you are Pilot Powers(Corsa III's, BS M3's) make great track day tires, good right into mid expert/advanced groups and you don't have to worry about heat cycles either. :thumbsup:

I'll take that soft rear, just add it to my order LOL! :goofy:

I knew you guys would chime in and give me the info I needed. Thanks as always, I'm on a mission now.

Kevin, I was thinking of medium or medium soft.

I added this to my above post:

"I have a new Pilot Race soft rear if you want it for cheap. Stay away from the Pilot Race H (hard) :unsure:

Depending on how fast you are Pilot Powers(Corsa III's, BS M3's) make great track day tires, good right into mid expert/advanced groups and you don't have to worry about heat cycles either. :thumbsup:

Archived