Autocom Is Not Loud Enough

Guest ncpaul

I recently bought a used autocom pro m-1 but am not happy with the purchase. All the research I did said this was one of the best systems so I am guessing that perhaps there could be something wrong with mine. We have to shout to hear each other at any speed over 45mph, and this is without ear plugs. We have adjusted the speakers so they are right over our ears and and the mic. is right in front of our mouths. We were using the 9 volt battery for a power supply. I was wondering if any one had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Paul

I recently bought a used autocom pro m-1 but am not happy with the purchase. All the research I did said this was one of the best systems so I am guessing that perhaps there could be something wrong with mine. We have to shout to hear each other at any speed over 45mph, and this is without ear plugs. We have adjusted the speakers so they are right over our ears and and the mic. is right in front of our mouths. We were using the 9 volt battery for a power supply. I was wondering if any one had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Paul

I've been using mine for many years without any problems (with ear plugs). There is a 3.5mm port in the side of the box so you can put a plug in there when using ear plugs (basically just shorts out the two terminals). Have you tried that??

I have a simple Autocom Easycom V8 and it works well. Speaker and mic placement is critical. Raised dot on speaker centered on ear and close as possible to ear, mine came w/ foam inserts to move speakers closer to ear. Move speaker in helmet while playing music though them to get max sound level. If you have a helmet chin vent blowing on the mic, cover it w/ electrical tape, it could be activating the noise canceling. I have trouble hearing w/ foam plugs but have some less quite plugs that work. Great system, much better than the cheap Nady stuff I was using.

Thanks in advance

Paul

I've been using mine for many years without any problems (with ear plugs). There is a 3.5mm port in the side of the box so you can put a plug in there when using ear plugs (basically just shorts out the two terminals). Have you tried that??

No I have not. I just discovered this feature. I will see it that helps any. Thanks

Paul

Archived