Question On Using Routes In Garmin Gps

Laird

• Member Contributer

I recently got a Garmin StreetPilot 2720... Love it, though I'm still learning all of its features. I've programmed a number of routes into the unit, but I haven't figured out how to tell it to follow my programmed route.

Since I'm attending the Dragon ride in mid-September, figuring this feature out has become a high priority!

-Laird

I've got a 2730 so I assume it is the same. Hit the find button, then touch either "recent finds" or "favorites" (if you stored the destination as a favorite). Then touch "goto" in the bottom right corner and it should calculate the route. Hope this helps.

Dave

I recently got a Garmin StreetPilot 2720... Love it, though I'm still learning all of its features. I've programmed a number of routes into the unit, but I haven't figured out how to tell it to follow my programmed route.

Since I'm attending the Dragon ride in mid-September, figuring this feature out has become a high priority!

-Laird

any install pics I just bought the same unit and am waiting for motorcycle kit I ordered

• Member Contributer
I've got a 2730 so I assume it is the same. Hit the find button, then touch either "recent finds" or "favorites" (if you stored the destination as a favorite). Then touch "goto" in the bottom right corner and it should calculate the route. Hope this helps.

Dave

What's strange is that when I've tried that so far, it calculates a new route and doesn't follow my existing preference (which is normally very different than the 'shortest distance' autocalculation). I had looked for a spot in the menu to select a particular route and couldn't find anything. I guess I'll have to experiment with it a bit more to get it to follow my programmed route.

-Laird

• Member Contributer
any install pics I just bought the same unit and am waiting for motorcycle kit I ordered

Sorry, I haven't taken any pics since I installed it. I went with the tank-mount and standard arm. I had no problem using the stock tank bolts, though I did remove the rubber spacers from the top. The Powerlet outlet kit for the left inner fairing (http://powerlet.net/products/honda_leftpanel.php) is great. I shortened the powerlet-to-garmin power cable (PPC-003 on powerlet's site) and that was it!

-Laird

What's strange is that when I've tried that so far, it calculates a new route and doesn't follow my existing preference (which is normally very different than the 'shortest distance' autocalculation). I had looked for a spot in the menu to select a particular route and couldn't find anything. I guess I'll have to experiment with it a bit more to get it to follow my programmed route.

-Laird

If it's like my 2610 you don't use the find button. I actually have a "routes" touch screen option on my menu.

• Member Contributer

It is probably different from mine, I have a Quest, but here's what I do to access preprogrammed routes:

Press Menu, select Route Options, select Route Planner, then select the route I want.

It is probably different from mine, I have a Quest, but here's what I do to access preprogrammed routes:

Press Menu, select Route Options, select Route Planner, then select the route I want.

Sounds similar to my 2610.

• Member Contributer
If it's like my 2610 you don't use the find button. I actually have a "routes" touch screen option on my menu.

Thanks Ratfink... I found it... It was buried a lot deeper than I expected!

(Menu) -> Tools -> My Data -> Routes -> Navigate Saved Route -> (pick a route)

-Laird

Archived