Pc Ii Pciii Or Other

Guest VFRAT

Guest VFRAT

I have read several threads talking about setting up an after market injector mapping module like the Power Commander. I have seen some sites where I can download mappings. I have a Gen 5 and was wondering, I'm not a track rider, mostly a canyon carver and commuter. Is it worth it for me to install a 3rd party injection mapping module? If so which one is the most widely supported in terms of mappings available online and what benefits would I see from doing such an install being a commuter / weekend canyon carver?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bikecest

i can't answer your question but i consider pc3's very worthwhile . the more lean or rich your bike runs in stock form the more benefit you will get from it . simply it maximises the proper fuel your bike needs to perform at its best ,eliminating lean or rich conditions of your bike so it will perform better.people state smoother response ,more power at different throttle settings . sort of be all you can be thing when you add a pc3

Thanks for that great explaination JoeAshville! All that totally makes sense. One other question though. I see a lot of sites with downloadable maps to upload into the PC units. Do most people use premade maps or do they use the basic tweaks to make their own. If they use premade maps, are there more for the PCII since it has been out longer than for the PCIII?

• Member Contributer

PC's are essentially "rideability" aids in terms of street riding(i.e. not racing use) so I'd say that unless you have any rideability issues that you're trying to correct, why spend the money......unless of course you just want to have fun tinkering and tweaking :blink:

Archived