Fieldsheer Titanium Mesh Pants Review

Chev

• Member Contributer

I got a pair of Fieldsheer Titanium Mesh Pants from Mojo Polo on here and put them to the test yesterday. 500 miles of highway some twisties, lots of slab, and lots of walking around.

These pants are cool, not for you northern folk. I like my Alter Ego pants, but they are pretty warm. These things are almost cold on a 85 degree day. Yea, almost cold. I really would not suggest leaving the house on a sub 80 degree day in these and if you are riding in 90+ I would put money on them being colder than jeans. Wait, I know they flow more air than jeans.

My favorite part? Do you hang off? You get a special surprise blast of cool air in that special place when you do. That part is kind of like Christmas morning during an intense set of twisties.

Protection:?: There is CE armor in the knees and hips, and padding on the tail bone and shins. There is some sort of kevlar reinforcement in the knees and but area to suppliment the mesh/armor. I have my doubts about the mesh as far as rash resistance, but I am pretty sure that it is better than blue jeans. And wow better than shorts (these things rival shorts for temperature control)

Fit:?: These things are a bit longer than the Joe Rockets. The really nice thing about them is that they fit fairly tight around the diameter of my boots, so I can leave them outside of my boots and they don't flap around.

My anger:?: Joe Rocket and Fieldsheer both have an 8" zipper in the back. WHY THE F DO THEY FACE DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS? WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN MIXING AND MATCHING? These companies really need to get their acts together and un- :deer: themselves. I am pissed about this. Who can turn these zippers around without sacrificing safety? Arghhhhhh. Arghhghghghghghh!!!!

Overall I like these pants. They help you stay cool and give you some feeling of safety compared to jeans. FWIW I rode with my Alter Ego jacket with the mesh covered by the removable panels. I never considered removing the panels, probably because my lower half stayed cool.

Hey Chev

Take the pant or the Jacket to a tailor to get the zipper switch - it would not alter the safety. From what I gather I think the motorcycle apparel company does this on purpose - they want you to used their product not their competitors.

I'm glad you got them ok and like them!

If I didn't eat too much Christmas dinner they might have actually fit me. ;-)

MP

Archived