kill switch

Guest da9b20

Guest da9b20

so i have one on the fuel pump to my car. which color wire is to the fuelpump on the 5th gen? anyone have directions?

• 4 weeks later...

da9b20,

Yup - Brown is the ground, green is the 12V side...

When I discussed something like this with my friends here the phrase that stopped me was "How would you like to lose your fuel halfway through a turn in the twisties?" :beer:

So, after thinking about that, fiddling with my base control systems fell off my radar...

'sides, just throwing your existing kill switch will fool most of the people, most of time.

Gorilla MC alarms were going for under a $100 Cdn last year. Have you ever seen anyone going to look at, let alone investigate, the cause of a car alarm?

• 1 month later...

so the existing kill switch is the red switch right? i was told by a honda mechanic that it is just best to use the key becuase there are less moving parts that can brake in the ingition.

when my car was broke into they stole everything except the car and rims. they left the alarm in tact. go figure.

• Member Contributer
so the existing kill switch is the red switch right? i was told by a honda mechanic that it is just best to use the key becuase there are less moving parts that can brake in the ingition.

:rolleyes: Time for a new mechanic. There are less parts involved in the key'd switch yes, but throwing the kill switch certianly isn't going to break it, its no different than the bright's/dim's switch. It is no different than a light switch in your house. It won't hurt to throw it when you stop, but don't think that it will do you any good. All the locks, gadgets and other garble in the world will only keep the honest men honest. The "theves" will get what they want no matter the case.

Archived