Latest Greatest GPS?

Guest Coot

Guest Coot

What's the best new GPS out there? I have the Garimin 2620 and have been pleased with it. My son is in the market for a GPS for his bike and wants the best out there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Coot

• Member Contributer

I bought a Garmin 376C I am very happy with it. I got it for the XM weather capabilities & its a marine compatible unit. Really good write up on it here:

http://www.angelridevideos.com/reviews/Garmin376C.html by Fred H.

Fred is a very active Goldwinger & techie.

I bought it for my Wing, adapted it to my VFR & also run it in my car. IMHO been a very good unit & I have just begun to learn all of its capabilities. GOt the auto kit w/ the software kit. I like the software & ease of use. Unit has good tracking capabilities, several size memory chips, and some built in memory.

You have to price any unit you select carefully. I checked out over 50 vendors & watched for special,s ultimately saving over $400 by shopping choice on web specials!

What's the best new GPS out there?  I have the Garimin 2620 and have been pleased with it.  My son is in the market for a GPS for his bike and wants the best out there.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Coot

The new Lowrance iWay 500 is a neat unit. I was interested in it because you can have 10gb of mp3 tunes in it as well. You can listen to the music, and when the voice prompts come in, it automatically mutes the music. It is all touch screen too. There is a picture of one mounted here on the forum, do a search for it.

Archived