Chief Joseph Scenic Byway

• Member Contributer

Beartooth Pass in Wyoming is better known, but nearby Chief Joseph Scenic Byway is no slouch. Definitely scenic, but also terrific fun on motorcycle, with smooth pavement and open sweepers. But if you are in the neighbourhood, along with Yellowstone National Park and Beartooth Pass, CJSB is worth a visit.

Btw, this pic is from the homeward leg of my June 2015 Colorado trip.

CJSB 2015.jpg

• Like 4

The Chief Joseph Hwy is a great ride!  It's been a long time (2004!) since I was there on a bike.  Not too far off 120 we came across a BMW rider that had hit a deer.  He was OK, but his bike was wiped out.  We continued over the Byway and Bear Tooth into Red Lodge and back to Cody.  I drove it on four wheels a couple of years ago.... middle of June and still lots of snow.  We have friends living in Cody now, and get up that way every couple of years.  I need to take a bike with me next trip!

53621907647_bbf65e327e_c.jpg

48169619202_648ae56500_c.jpg

48171646656_3931a0cbeb_c.jpg

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Rodan said:

We have friends living in Cody now, and get up that way every couple of years.  I need to take a bike with me next trip!

These videos of Chief Joseph and Beartooth from my 2011 trip ought to give you some incentive 😉

• Like 1