1997 HONDA 750 MAGNA - PROJECT? - TAKING OFFERS?

So, this bike, technically, has had only one owner ... but I am the 3rd person to possess it. Nothing shady, I have all the details and paperwork.
Original owner bought at Mallots M/C in Manteca in 2000, owned for a year or so, crashed it at fairly low speed avoiding a deer. Cosmetic damage primarily, instruments (tach really) needs replacing, tank needs replacing (but more so from the inside regardless of the outside condition, and outside is much worse since pics), right hard bag took the hit, and was already replaced with brand new/never installed.
But the original owner was done with it, so he sold it to his co-worker, my brother in law. He transferred it into his name, and that was it, never rode it, never did anything with it. That was in like 2002-2003? So it has a clean title, NOT SALVAGED, in his name. I got it from him the year before this, and went through it all slowly. Actually, was riding it around quite a bit throughout the year. Runs great now!

Good:
1997 Honda V4 with less than 9k original miles! Lots of extras. Stock 2pc seat, can run as a solo, Mustang 2up touring seat, hard bags, Honda luggage/backrest w/2 different pads. Did I say V4? Did I say Honda?? I went through pretty much everything, fluids, adjustments, etc. Carbs were fun! Yes, this is still a carbureted motorcycle! As I said, it runs good! I know!!

Bad:
Damage: Tank works, but is full of rust/scale, and BEAT UP! I did use this as an operational tank though, just had to constantly clean external filters to keep it from the carbs. NOTE! Tank in pics is not in that condition (outside) still, and has always been on the replacement list. Tach and/or gauge set needed, but again fully functional. OEM brake lever was bent bad, replaced, but that too has since suffered. Was a nice set of wide levers I found. Clutch lever perfectly fine. Front fender small scrapes, one or both tips of exhaust, light scrapes, T/S scraped, rear brake pedal bent/scraped. Tires are OEM! So like from 6/1996!! Registration is NOT non op'd! So for title/registration/DMV, it's in the $800-1000 range! Why I hadn't dealt with that yet! Figure do the transfer/sale/DMV in one shot. If I was keeping it, I'm estimating tires/tank/registration is in the $1500 area. If I needed ANOTHER bike, it would be worth it.
Also, keep in mind, if that were all done ... it would be in the $3000-4500 range.

Again, I'm reasonable ... so make the offers reasonable.
Questions are welcome. I may end up trying to just do one "showing" at the end of the week, to all those interested? If there's enough interest/people? Bike is in my storage, so I only want to take it out once ... and I don't want to put it back!!

Let me know?
Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.06aef8c55114e2cd8b1eb1fd8958943c.png

image.thumb.png.3bad1e2be1d7d06eac23c9fa9ba1196c.pngimage.thumb.png.d47dcfa36b6d150c3055a371e1e1744a.pngimage.thumb.png.1fd43f3b0babd3a867465b97620ad3dc.pngimage.thumb.png.1f37ee37cf923f043dc01e4ad10c9a35.pngimage.thumb.png.6a87b6e86a6d504b4632dbf40f0e0c51.png

image.thumb.png.cf873e7f44540db6261c86917e49aef0.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.