Fuel pump

So a couple years ago I bought a few new fuel pumps from caltric & mosfet. I've been left stranded a couple of times because my battery was smoked. Not anywhere near home either. Yes, i know you would expect it to be reg/rect, or stator, or a combination of the two. Hey i thought the same thing! BUT after finally getting time to test them, it ultimately were the fuel pumps! They sounded like a machine gun, just after start up. The fuel pump acted as if it was starving... I pulled tank off, checked petcock, checked strainer, took strainer off and was about to drill out the rivets on the petcock and rebuild it, but stopped to take a couple days to think about it... Brand new out of the box, the fuel pumps were bad. My problem is that I waited a year to finally take the time to check. My buddy told me about K & L FUEL PUMPS. I checked them out bought 3 of them and VUALAH  no problems... 

The sound of a new fuel pump that is bad (don't mind the wiring, it was a trial run before getting terminal blocks) 🤭

Archived