• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, CDaltanian said:

Update:

I finished installing both the new SH847, Custom Rewind stator, and voltmeter this weekend.

Preliminary results look good. After starting the bike the voltage rises within about 10 seconds from 12.9 volts up to 14.4 volts and holds steady at 14.4 volts at idle.

I copied duccman's r/r mounting spot and soldered everything. The bike seems to run and ride fine and regularly checking the voltmeter while riding reveals a steady 14.4V. I have out about 10 miles on the bike, but I'm hopeful everything has been resolved.

Nice job. Looks like you've got it all sorted. Did you run those ohm checks I posted on your OEM R/R? You might have a good hot spare R/R.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Grum said:

Nice job. Looks like you've got it all sorted. Did you run those ohm checks I posted on your OEM R/R? You might have a good hot spare R/R.

Cheers.

I have yet to test the stock R/R. I still have it mounted in the original location as a spare of sorts just in case anything happens with the SH847. I 'll have to remember to test it though, I appreciate the reminder. 

Archived