New to me 5th gen and maintenance

meadeball

1 minute ago, cat0020 said:

Wow, that's a real bummer with the accident... mucho sad.  

This time of the year is always the most dangerous when the weather start to get nice, more new drivers/motorcyclist get out on the roads; I usually ride less during this time of year.  

Best of luck with the rebuild, sometimes it's probably easier just try and find a replacement.. 

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm buying another tomorrow!

I bought back the salvaged one because the parts on it are worth keeping (ohlins shock, gpr stabilizer, etc). The parts are worth more than the bike!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm almost all healed up, just some scrapes on my knee. 

• Member Contributer

Glad you're healing up.  Hopefully you didn't put the fuel pump etc...on.  Unless there's a problem that's known, I don't hear a lot of VFR owners having fuel pump problems..so maybe you aren't out on that expense if you didn't get to it yet.

All the best,

Matt

On 4/27/2017 at 8:14 PM, zupatun said:

Glad you're healing up.  Hopefully you didn't put the fuel pump etc...on.  Unless there's a problem that's known, I don't hear a lot of VFR owners having fuel pump problems..so maybe you aren't out on that expense if you didn't get to it yet.

All the best,

Matt

Thankfully not, I was about to replace it that day! I know it's not a common problem, but I'm just doing it as preventative maintenance. 

I picked up the new a couple days ago from a guy north of Pittsburgh. Great looking bike with a pretty much the same extras as before (Givi cases instead of Beetle bags)!

UeycirTh.jpg

Archived