For Sale: 1992 VFR750F project bike - SOLD

July 10: Sale was finalized.

I admit up front I did a poor job of maintaining the motorcycle — mea culpa. It sat unused for 15 years before I took it in last summer to get it running. The local Honda shop cleaned and rebuilt the carburetors, replaced the front fork seals, and replaced the tires with Michelin Pilot Road 4 GTs front and rear. I replaced the battery and fuel filter. I rode the bike 24 miles to another property I own, mowed the lawn, then rode the bike 24 miles back home. The next time I went to start it, the battery was dead. I replaced the voltage regulator/rectifier with a Honda OEM part. After charging the battery, the next attempt at starting ended with a “thunk” from the left side of the engine, and the engine locked up. Upon removing the fairings, I discovered the dark shadow I mistook for coolant was a stain inside the empty reserve tank. Thus, even though the temperature gauge never went above mid-range, the engine probably has been overheated with unknown internal damage.

Included with the bike are the service manual and the original rear turn signal stalks. Also, the bike has speed bleeders on the front and rear brake and clutch lines, and a center stand that I installed years ago. I am asking $800 to partially recoup the cost of the new parts. The bike is located in southwestern Minnesota.

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

Archived