Possible Alternative To Helibars - Svrp Clip-Ons

Gavmac

Hi,

I did a search in the forums and didn't find anything. I installed a set of bar risers on my Girlfriends SV650SF. She likes them but she prefers the LSL kit that was on my SV. I've pulled the kit and plan to make the swap soon.

So what!!

Well, it turns out that the SV risers are 41mm. They should bolt right up to the VFR.

Has anyone here seen or heard of these? They come in 2 rise heights - 2.5" and 3.5". Hers are the 3.5" but they mount under the top triple. They might be too long for the VFR. Two major benefit over the Heli or Woodcraft - is that they have 14-degrees of slope adjustment and a $168 price tag! They are also a 3 piece modular kit, so you can replace parts instead of the whole clip-on. Similar to the Woodcrafts. I haven't taken a good look at them to see how they might bolt up to the VFR.

Anyone have any thoughts on these?

You can find them here - http://www.svracingparts.com/store/#!/SVRP-Black-Clip-On-Riser-Bar-Sets-with-2-5-or-3-5-inch-Risers/p/3033530/category=477663

I Googled some images of both stock and these risers. It looks like the stock and the Heli come off the end of the riser. Because these mount at either the front or back of the fork tube and not directly inline with the fork tube, they would end up moving the bars either further away or closer to the rider. How would depend on how they mount up and what kind of clearance you'd have in either position. It would seem that the best position would put the controls up higher roughly an 1"+ closer to the rider. Which would offer a more upright riding position.

One thing to look at when considering all of this is here. http://cycle-ergo.com/

This site has almost every bike there is and you can adjust just about everything you can buy for the bike and see how it effects your body position. Very helpfull site!

Yep, spent tons of time on that site. It's part of the reason I ended up buying a VFR. I was comparing it to my current SV650S with the LSL bars and my last CBR600RR to the VFR. It's a great resource. It was also helpful when I was looking for a new ride for the GF. She wanted to have similar ergo's from her Ninja 500r. So we went with the SV and added the SVRP clipons. She still kind of likes my LSL set up. I pulled it off the bike and might put it back on her SV.

3.5" rise might be close to the same as the stock. I haven't measured yet. post-35177-0-73085200-1459047147.jpg

This is where the 14-degrees of adjustment comes in. She has it as flat as possible to reduce wrist strain. post-35177-0-00287500-1459047151.jpg

I need to buy the brake reservoir attachment. post-35177-0-04237200-1459047154.jpg

The actual handlebar part can be replaced by itself. The width of the bars can also be adjusted by moving the bar back and forth in the clamp.post-35177-0-63468600-1459047156.jpg

post-35177-0-85046300-1459047159.jpg

I didn't get a picture but these are standard 7/8" bars. I installed the Woodcraft weighted bar-end sliders.

I think you might be able to mount these up by positioning the vertical rise portion closest to the tank with the SVRP stamp facing the rear of the bike. It would pull the bars back closer to the rider. I'm not sure how the clearance would work out.

SVRacingparts list these as the 3.5" riser option. I measured from the bottom of the clip-on to the middle of the bar. It looks like it's about 4 1/8" of total rise. I just sent the VFR off to get fork seals done, so I didn't get a comparison pic. I believe the stock riser is 3.5". So theoretically you should be able to get 5/8" of rise and about the same on the pull back.

post-35177-0-46557700-1459192219.jpg

Archived