Helibars & Bls Lowering Blocks Installed

TX _VFR

Installed a set of BLS Lowing Blocks last week and just installed my Helibars this morning ( BTW - Thank you to all those that replied with tips / suggestions ).

With the BLS peg blocks vs stock, not a huge difference but it is noticeable ( I am 5' 11" for reference ). Not sure how much of a difference in comfort they will make on a long ride as I have only ridden locally so far, although I do have a long trip planned in the next few weeks and will get a better idea of whether or not they were worth the cost of purchase. YMMV

Some of you on this site wouldn't blink an eye over the cost of the Helibars, I however agonized over spending that kind of money on a new set, and then added to that another $45 for new weight dampers, so it was a major purchase for me and I was very nervous about whether or not they would make enough of a difference vs stock bars.

They made a huge difference for me, very noticeable vs stock bars. I wish I would have got some sooner. Again, I have only ridden locally so far but instantly the VFR was more comfortable for me to ride. I can't wait to go in a few weeks for a long trip.

I have a Givi E45 top case and Give E21 side cases for luggage. I enjoy moto-camping and usually take weekend ( 3-4 day ) trips totalling around 350 - 700 miles when I get the chance.

My next comfort purchase will probably be a seat. Had a Corbin on my 97 VFR 750 and it seemed hard as a rock, though admittedly I never rode more than a 250 mile day on it. So this time around, I think I am going to go with something other than a Corbin.

What's your take on the look of the Heli bars installed? I really want the added reach, but they look like they're made

from coat hangers compared to the look of the stock clips. I'll probably eventually buy them too, not much else out there.

Honda makes them for the new VFR800, wish they'd go back and make a factory looking set for the 6th gens.

What's your take on the look of the Heli bars installed? I really want the added reach, but they look like they're made

from coat hangers compared to the look of the stock clips. I'll probably eventually buy them too, not much else out there.

Honda makes them for the new VFR800, wish they'd go back and make a factory looking set for the 6th gens.

IMO, yeah they look like an aftermarket bar vs OEM. But they seem solid and well built, for me are much more comfortable than the stock bars, and to a non rider probably look like any other bars. They met my expectations as a mod for having a more comfortable riding position for long distance rides in mind. And are more comfortable in around town riding.

I rode two bikes back to back, one with Heli's and one without. The look of them is, just ok. The comfort is awesome for sure!!! They are big bucks. It you were going to do a whole pile of miles in a row the bars would be awesome to have though. I'm considering them for my bike. But I'm going to start with just tech spec tank grips and see how I do. Between track days and Crossfit I think my back will be able to handle OEM bar height.

I rode two bikes back to back, one with Heli's and one without. The look of them is, just ok. The comfort is awesome for sure!!! They are big bucks. It you were going to do a whole pile of miles in a row the bars would be awesome to have though. I'm considering them for my bike. But I'm going to start with just tech spec tank grips and see how I do. Between track days and Crossfit I think my back will be able to handle OEM bar height.

You list a SV650 as your track bike. Blair over at SVRP sells the clipons that raise the bars. They bolt onto a 41mm fork, the same as a stock SV or VFR.

I run stock bars for the time being on the SV. If anything I would go a little lower than stock on it. I have bought a few things from Blair already and may buy his adjustable rear sets this season. He makes good stuff at great prices!

I run stock bars for the time being on the SV. If anything I would go a little lower than stock on it. I have bought a few things from Blair already and may buy his adjustable rear sets this season. He makes good stuff at great prices!

Of course, that makes sense. For a track bike you would want lower, not higher.

Archived