Speedo Correction/speedohealer/changed Gearing On 4Th Gen

iguana

Hi folks.

I spent quite some time searching the forum (and others) for a satisfying answer to my question but couldn't find one... So I hope you bear with me when I start a new thread for this.

So I need a new chain kit. I decided to go for a gearing of 16-45 this time and therefore installed a speedohealer. Cheap and easy, done in a few minutes. So far so good. Now - I would also like to compensate for the factory speedo error, which gives me a bit of a headache as I don't have a GPS or any other way to measure the difference between real and displayed speed.
I have to values from another forum: People there used -9 and -9.4 %, respectively (also with 16-45 gearing). As far as I can see, this would mean an included factory error of + 5.5 %.
Now my question would be: can one expect this factory error to be the same for all 4th gens or would you have to measure it individually to be sure? Does anyone here have an accurate measurement of this for his 4th gen? I'd be really curious to see multiple measurements on individual bikes...
So what do you guys think? -9.4 % good?

On another note, I read somewhere else that for some strange reason the speedo on the 4th gen is off while the odometer is spot on. Thus, installing a speedohealer can either cure one or the other. This does not make any sense to me as to my knowledge the odo values are based on the speedo....? Any thoughts on this?

Well, I thank y'all in advance for your help and send greetings from Valais!

Cheers,
Tobias

Archived