Small Problems.need Answers! Tranny Exhaust And Odoemeter.

Hello Everyone,<br />

<br />

Just yesterday I introduce myself to the Vfrworld forums and have glad to met a few of you guys. I have my 2002 VFR 800 ABS for about six months and haven't rode it up til recent due to out dated tags. So I have a few concerns I just wanna hear your thoughts about when I bought the bike.<br />

<br />

1 Tranny, So the tranny hasn't given me a big issue but is it a little weird, When I shift up its perfectly fine but when I shift down i have to put my foot under the peg and Wiggle it a bit and click down to shift. Now its not a problem when I'm commuting but it is some what annoying at times cause everytime I shift down I have to wiggle it a bit then click down. Any ideas of what the problem is? The last owner said that it could be dirt stuck in it but i beg to differ. <br />

<br />

2 So this vfr that i got the last owner actually cut the pipes and im running 2 to one pretty much like a shorty exhaust. Its pretty loud but i kinda like it, the only thing is Im not sure is it bad for my bike? am i losing power or gas mileage? Theres no pipes under the seat and theres a nice Gap which i like IMO the exhaust it cut all the way and its just pointing out at the bottom on the bike.<br />

<br />

3 The last owner also added these light mods which make my headlamps and brake lights blink on and off. He did it himself and My odometer does not run My miles are stuck at 26k and I cant tell how fast Im going. <br />

<br />

Well I can get some answers ive been doing some research and its hard to find out whats going on.Sorry to throw so many questions Im just looking for some advice! Thank you. I also link the picture of my pipes.

Archived