Exhaust Puff On Decel

I have a full 2 Bros system on my '97 in which I had to install a DB Dawg in to get the noise level down.With it installed I'm getting a puffing sound on decel in the lower gears,and in neutral it does this sound right before it hits idle after I give it some throttle. I did not notice the sound without the db killer,but it was probably just too loud and covered it up.

It has new exhaust gaskets and earlier today I went through it and put some high temp silicone in all the joints,I can cover the outlet and the engine will shut down within one or two seconds.

It also has new carb boots,float needles,air filter,fuel filter,thermostat and vacuum caps. The only thing I have not done is install the new spark plugs and sync the carbs and I will also replace the vacuum lines at the same time.

Jetting is as recommended by Factory Pro,

Needle in #3 position

Main jet 130

Pilot screw is 2.5 turns

Anyone think it could just be out of sync? I have had them off one time since the last sync but I figured out two of the boots were leaking after the last time I did it so it's out for sure.

Edit: One of the rear primaries started leaking at the joint again,I'll redo that tomorrow.

Archived