Review: T-Rex Frame Sliders

I recently installed the T-Rex frame slider kit on my VFR. As far as I know T-Rex is the only company making frame sliders for the 8th gen. Overall I'm very happy with the kit, and the installation couldn't have been easier. T-Rex says the upper fairings don't need to be fully removed, but I found it easier to pull the full fairing rather than risk damaging them during the install.

If there's one negative it's that the pucks need to be removed to pull the lower fairings, so oil changes will require an extra step.

The full kit was $290 shipped which is a bit much for frame sliders, but then again these are of the highest quality and far cheaper than a new set of fairings.

Edit: Here is the link to the kit:

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=559

The primary sliders are beefy (2lbs each) and mount with three bolts. Also, the pucks are easily replaceable in the event of a slow speed crash. When installing put the fairings back on before installing the pucks.

post-32449-0-08954900-1428350358.jpg

The rear slider easily attaches to the sprocket, just be sure to put the factory washers on the outside of the slider.

post-32449-0-47621800-1428350366.jpg

The front axle sliders are super easy to install. No need to remove the wheel, just remove the front axle bolt and bolt the slider into place.

post-32449-0-62239800-1428350373.jpg

I am all for protecting our bikes but i have looked at theese on their homepage and considered buying them but they stand out like a sore thumb when i look at the side ones :( and tbh i wonder if youre in a collision will your knees smash into them when you go forwards?

Archived