1987 Vfr400 Engine

JakeWright

Hi

I put a cheeky bid on a vfr400 nc21 engine on eBay last night and won it for £5!! It comes with the carbs, OK they are in peices but they are still there, its been sat for over 12 months but that's not a problem either. At this moment in time I'm not planning on sticking it into a frame, just trying to strip it down, tidy it up and use it to practice fault finding/rebuilding engines. Is there anything that is common to fail on these engines?

If it is in good enough condition to use I will store it until I can find the rest of the bike for it to go in.

Jake

Well I collected the engine today. Quite rough to be honest, The carbs are off a 1990 vfr400 and are corroded inside the float chamber, the one oil pipe is leaking where it connects to the engine, its corroded inside the inlet ports, he downpipes are scrap plus many other issues. Hopefully its salvageable.

On the plus side it came with the wiring loom which seems intact, the ignition switch, the CDI box, the reg/rec, starter solenoid, clutch cable and lever and gear shift

Archived