Jet Kit And Pipe For Vfr 700--

Guest theelf

okay guys normalllllly on other bikes a dynajet kit and full exhaust or a supertrap slip was always the answer-- follow instructions ride check the plugs a solid 10 hp at the wheel and the plugs were light brown on pump gas 93-- for this bike i seem to be having a hard time finding aftermarket exhaust- i found 2 jet kits and would like to just put on 2 supertrap slipons with open end caps.. anyone know what is a good combination for the vfr 700- yoshi was suzuki muzzy was kawi etc but i dont know what is for the 700?? please help and were can i buy the pipe.. Thank you

The VFR 700 is slightly different from the 750 i own and misses some 15 hp. But i had trouble getting it properly jetted with a dynojet. And open end cans give a nice sound, but not really more horspower on a VFR 750. I was able to compare my 750 with a Laser 4in1 streat legal with a 750 with 2 open end cans on a nice long trip on the German autobahn. Mine was a lot faster. With open cans top speed was about 235 km/u, with the streat legal can more than 255 km/u. The other VFR was properly jetted for the open cans. The VFR lacks good breathing on the inlet side, causing trouble at high revvs with an open end can.

My VFR has only an open K&N air cleaner and stock jetting. I would advise to use stock needles and not the K&N. Maybe increase the jet size slightly or put shims sunder the needle.

For a real power increase you need a 750 engine. The 700 misses 50 cc, but the biggest deacrease in power is caused by different camshafts. Using the 750 cams wil give more hp on a 700. Bit i know they are scarce in the States. Here a 750 engine is available for not muche more than scrap price's.

Pipes for the rc24/26 are scarce, i think only Brittish suppliers like Motad deliver new ones. You can cut the original cans of and put some aftermarked slip ons on it.

thanks vbert- i found a full kerker system yesterday on ebay but they want to much for all rusted out parts..i will continue my search- but would like to leave the engine stock jet kit and pipe was usually enough for me--

Archived