Need 4Th Gen Electrical/wiring Help

Guest fatkid35

Guest fatkid35

bought a 96 basket case for cheap and am in the process of getting it back on the road. have the headlight plugged in to the wiring harness along with everything else, or so i thought. headlight will not come on. i have one more four slot plug that is not plugged in to anything. i jumped the black with red tracer to white with black tracer in this connector and the headlight came on. what is this four slot plug and where does it plug into?it's a female connector from the main harness under the tank. it is with the main mass of connectors that go to the switch housings on the bars. all those are plugged into their correct connectors and the start/run stop work fine, as does the horn and turn signals. just no headlight. the wires are black with red trace, white with black trace, white and green. i throw myself at the wiring guru's feet! HALP!

post-27385-0-72775800-1371083232.jpg

• Member Contributer

I think that connector would plug into the headlight relay. You can download the service manual from the downloads section on this site. The electrical diagram should help you figure it out. Here you go: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/files/file/2-vfr-750-service-manual/

Capture

obryap, thank you for the tip. have a relay on order now. hope this is all that i need to make this turd light up. rode it for the first time yesterday. was running on 3 cylinders and whacked it open in second gear. the fourth carb finally got gas and it went WEEEEE!!! was like hitting the nos button. then hit the brakes and found out the front rotors are warped....grrr

Archived