Issue W Power Commander V Install

Guest fubard

this is on my 2010 VFR1200 w 3K Mi

in chronological order these are my issues for which I am looking for help with.

First, the instructions say to tap the blue n black wire for the throttle voltage but all my wires were green. So I tapped the green and black one. Yes on the TPS, they must have been out of blue wire the day they built mine. (???) I tapped the one furthest to the left. Anyone remember which one you tapped during the install?

Also, It feels like the PC isn't really doing much. I installed the 'with 2bros exhaust' map, and have a Z-bomb. either the snatchy throttle (with much of the power being either on of off w no real curve at low throttle) is a little less but not FIXED. still lunges w just a touch of the twist.

more so, the check engine light is on. is it cause the O2s are bypassed?

help!

• Member Contributer

You must of wired it incorrectly, there should be no light on the dash showing, and believe me, the PCV makes a big difference to the fueling at low revs, i also have the Zbomb fitted, i hope this helps. :smile:

003-28.jpg

• Member Contributer

If you use the 02 sensor bypasses you'll get an engine light but only at warp speed and only momentarily.

Sorry but I think you bodged this one.

read this:

http://vfr1200fa.blogspot.ca/2011/08/power-commander-v.htmlNever had a light flash or otherwise on mine, no matter what rev range i use. :smile:

Yeh yall'r right. Turns out I was so dostracted at the instalation manual writers' being colorblind, that I forgot to hook the other end of the tap up. LOL? Sorry...

Anyway I test rode it and while I couldnt tell a whole ton of difference, (to its credit, i also installed the KnN and a 2bros can just before my last ride which was months after my prior ride. so i have very little reference) but the dummy light did switch off. Irony? Dummy!

I imagine my loading the map a month before installing the unit may have something to do w this. I'll reinstall the map now that its hooked up and try again.

Thanks for the help, yall are saints for being so patient w a mod newb like me.

Ok I called dyno jet and they walked me through the setup. I think I had that right already. I test drove it for a little while and now I'm having a dummy light flashing two long and four short. now I have to go look up what all thats about. (Sigh)

Ok I called dyno jet and they walked me through the setup. I think I had that right already. I test drove it for a little while and now I'm having a dummy light flashing two long and four short. now I have to go look up what all thats about. (Sigh)

It sounds like the same problem I had, check out post#109 of http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/61144-powercommander-for-vfr1200f/page-11 for the fix. Good luck.

ahhhh, WTF, so I'm going to have a check engine light the whole time I have this? How annoying! What would be the disadvantage of removing them and hooking the O2 censors back up?

• Member Contributer

ahhhh, WTF, so I'm going to have a check engine light the whole time I have this? How annoying! What would be the disadvantage of removing them and hooking the O2 censors back up?

I would not recommend connecting the original O2 sensors, get in touch with dynojet, i am sure they would replace your incorrect o2 optimizers, with a pr of the later dynojet o2 optimizers. :smile:

I just called them and they said code 24 is about the ignition timing retard being maxed out, NOT anything w the PCV.... which is just one hell of a coincidence :P

• Member Contributer

I just called them and they said code 24 is about the ignition timing retard being maxed out, NOT anything w the PCV.... which is just one hell of a coincidence :P

Strange, very strange.

Not sure whom you spoke to but according to my service manual; "MIL 24, No. 2/3 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction, loose or poor contact of th O2 sensor heater connector, O2 sensor heater or its circuit malfunction". Insist on Dynojet send you correct ones, that was how I fixed mine. Cheers.

Yup, they really need to work on their staffing.

The guy I spoke to yesterday had no idea what I was talking about, resisted the idea that they could be at fault and stopped just short of insulting the knowledgebase of open forums. :-/

The fix after actually looking it up and asking his supervisor, realizing they were at fault: an email w the same image as presented in the forementioned thread showing right vs wrong. He suggested I use a pick and tweezers to relocate the resistor bridges. Awesome.

those friendly helpful Dyno Jet guys. Pshhh...

Archived