Givi E55 Maxia Monokey on 6th Gen VFR

Guest Royal

• Member Contributer

You should be fine.

During the summer months, I have SHAD 50 liter topcase mounted on Shad's mounting plate bolted to a OEM TopRack. In the winter (when I won't be occasionally carrying a pillion) I remove the TopRack and bolt it a Kandian Ken SoloRack mounted over the passenger seat.

I considered the Givi Maxxia E55 but decided to give up the extra 5 liters of volume over a Shad beacuse the Shad seems better built, comes with a free mounting plate and a cushioned backrest, all of which Givi wants extra for.

I bought an extra mounting plate and bolted it to the Givi TopRack on my 4th Gen so it's really easy to move the case between bikes. I ride with it all the time and get mistaken for a courier.

Let me know if you need pictures with it mounted on the bike

Click This for additional information

shad-sh50-backrest.jpg

I don't think you'll have any problems. I don't. Unless you're carrying a ton of weight, your VFR should be stable and not top-heavy at all. Of course, if you have some weight in side cases, that'll help out with the balance of the bike, but I sometimes ride with just the topcase and I'm carrying maybe 25-30 pounds, and it's hardly noticeable.

I say go for it. Post pics and let us know how you like the setup.

Archived