Rear fender mod on my 02.

Guest Bgrdtrk702

Guest Bgrdtrk702

Well im pretty new at doing mods. So this one started a lil bit rough.

3fd124d7.jpg

Here is how she started. I didnt like the flow of the plate holder hanging down so far like this. So first step. Unbolt and unwire. Real simple. Four bolts and a couple snips with wire cutters and walah.

00ad20b9.jpg

Much better. So now its time to look at moving the plate up between the exaust. Just so happen to have some 1/8 inch alum flat stock. Made a nice 90 angle and drilled out some mounting holes. I ended up useing the original rear bracket mounting holes and bolts for this.

114646bf.jpg

Fits great. Just cut to propper length for plate demensions. Now i had to make new mounting holes in my plate. Found center and tada.

d91d39bd.jpg

Was a tight fit. Had to roll the edges of the plate just a bit so it wouldnt rub.

Next was lights for the plate. Cause i guess here in Nv its a law. Even though prolly 90% of sport bikes dont reinstall some after a mod like this. So off to radio shack i went. Found some nice small 12v leds with built in resistors. And then made some gaurds for them. I used a 1/4 in washer welded to a peuce of 3/4 pipe. Cut it off at a 45 angle and painted it black.

31b0376c.jpg

Again i used the stock holes from the original bracket. So no drilling was required. Got it all wired up and heatshrinked back together. And time for finished look with lights.

31d07f77.jpg

Overall im very happy with the way it turned out. Here is the finished pic.

3797d54b.jpg

Looks nice....... Rolling the edge will not only make it fit, but seems to me it would strengthen the plate design. I've done some mod's on my plates, on of which is to paint the border of the plate black to make it look smaller.

gallery_16535_4647_2177194.jpg

DSC00090.JPG

gallery_16535_4484_1646167.jpg