6th Gen VFR800 - Injector Upgrade Options

Guest wdebdy

I posted this on VFR World but thought I would try here as well, since this was where I spotted the supercharged VFR800 first.

I am currently looking to use 2 sets of 6th gen VFR800 throttle bodies on a small V8 in a Toyota Corolla minitruck. The motor in question is an early model Toyota hemi, engine code 4V. Displacement is around 3.7L with ported heads, forged pistons and a performance cam. Looking to rev to a max of around 7,000rpm with around 300hp maybe 350hp at the engine if I'm very optimistic. The research I have done indicates the 6th gens can support 175whp with a higher base fuel pressure based on the A&A Performance Supercharger Kit pulling up to 12,000rpm. This gave me comfort that I should be ok on fuelling given the much lower revs but I'm still a little nervous using injectors that are effectively only sized for 1600cc on an engine more than double that capacity.

So my question is are there any other readily available injectors that will fit the stock fuel rails? Particularly looking at Honda cars maybe. Or do you think they will easily flow enough for my needs? The other big problem is I am in New Zealand and the VFR800 is not very common here so I will need to import the throttles from the US so can't test before I buy. Is there anywhere I could get the dimensions of the injectors from? Also, do they run a standard type plug on the injectors, as many of the throttle setups on EBay seem to be missing them?

Any help much appreciated.

Callum