Buell Ulysses pegs

antwon412

Looking for a place to buy these. Several forums topics say they should only run about $35 for the set. Everywhere I look they run $75 - $125.

Anybody have a lead or do I need to go an HD store and order?

Thanks

Edited by antwon412

• Member Contributer

I think I paid about $35 each at a HD dealer for mine, but I'm north of the board so pricing may not match up.

But there are 2 difference models of these pegs, black or silver. The black ones are double the price, then silver.

Here is the part number of the silver ones I picked up.

med_gallery_8630_2135_43929.jpg

I put the aluminum pegs on my 5G. Couldn't believe how inexpensive they were @ H-D. IIRC < 40 bux the pair. You're aware you need to do a bit of metal removal on the new pegs so they will be at a proper angle? I also had to shim the Uly pivot holes. The bore is larger than the VFR pivot pin diameter. You can get the proper tube sizes in aluminum or brass. I sleeved 2 tubes, one inside the other, to get the best fit. The tube can be found at hobby/craft shops and some hardware stores. Good fortune, R~

• Member Contributer

No, I couldn't find them at $35 for the pair either. Mine came from the local HD dealer. I haven't mounted them yet, so thanks for the heads up. I have a new Dremel I'm itching to break in. Sounds like this is the project!

Looking for a place to buy these. Several forums topics say they should only run about $35 for the set. Everywhere I look they run $75 - $125.

If I recall, the Ulysses pegs cost more and have different dimensions than the run of the mill (Lightning) pegs.

buellpegs.jpg

For a completely different option, these 360 degree adjustable ones look interesting.

http://cyclepirates.com/main/select_by_bike?bike_id=41&class=year_form&productline_id=15

A video of their product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PIYNw6xAKc&feature=player_embedded

Hmmmmm...Odd. Another member posted the part number for the Ulysses pegs he used. Said as a set they used part number n0006.1ad. Quick google search brought that ebay link up as well as a couple oter online stores.

Wonder if he had the wrong part number or is unaware he didnt get ulysses pegs?