INSTALL PROBLEMS - Leo Vince Ovals & Givi V35 Monokey Bags on '02 VFR

Guest Michael02VFR

Guest Michael02VFR

I'm trying to install the LEO VINCE OVAL exhaust on my 2002 VFR and I also have the GIVI V35 Monokey Hardbags. My problem is the spacing and fit of the GIVI Bag brackets.

Has anyone installed the Leo Vince Exhaust on a 6th Generation VFR with the GIVI HARDBAG set up????????

What is the trick?

HELP!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to install the LEO VINCE OVAL exhaust on my 2002 VFR and I also have the GIVI V35 Monokey Hardbags. My problem is the spacing and fit of the GIVI Bag brackets.

Has anyone installed the Leo Vince Exhaust on a 6th Generation VFR with the GIVI HARDBAG set up????????

What is the trick?

HELP!!!!!

How'd you make out???

• 10 months later...

Please forgive me for bumping this old thread but I'm having this problem right now too!

I just tried installing my FZ166 rack. Started OK. But, I have the Leo Vince cans and Competition Werkes fender eliminator (both of which I love). The LV cans have about a 3/4 inch aluminum spacer at the exhaust bolts and allow adequate clearence for the license plate. The problem is that the Givi bolts that replace the OEM bolts in that location are about 2 inches too short to account for that space. Furthermore, it seems that if I DO happen to find longer bolts, it appears that the rack may not line up enough to mount the plate and may require some brute force bending.

Anyone else run into this?

:(

After much busted knuckles, cursing Givi, dropping washers in the rocks to be obscured/lost the last hour, testing fitting (over and over), I've decided that the only way this is going to work is to CUT the round bracket stems the exact length of my aluminum spacers on each respective side. I initially was heading to the hardware store to procure some 1 inch or so longer bolts but then determined that although that would solve the bracket/muffler/spacer mounting problem, the Monokey plate would not line up! Grrrrr!!!! OK. I'll post some before and after pics when done (if I haven't slammed my computers on the concrete in frustration).

What is the trick?

HELP!!!!!

You Can give me your Leo's and I will send you my stock exhaust:)

Archived