So Cal VFRD member looking for NW rides...

I came north from Laguna Seca. Staying with friends in Roseburg and working so i can continue my ride in a week or two. Let me know of anything going on. Could also use some tips on good motorcycle roads. Especially around Roseburg for the next week or two.

Could also use some tips on good motorcycle roads. Especially around Roseburg for the next week or two.

Not too familiar with the Roseburg area but I have seen this route show up on motorcycle forums from time to time, haven't gotten around to riding it myself though.

Try this link or google Aufderheide.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1615

aufder.jpg

A visit to Crater Lake N.P. should be on your list. Do the entire loop.

A decent loop from Roseburg would be 138 > 230 > 62 > 227.

The road between Westfir and McKenzie Bridge (between hwys 58 and 126) is well known as a must-do. Aufterheide Scenic byway, I think it's called. Twisty good.

242 between Sisters and 126 is also lots of fun, but do it on a weekday. Amazing lava fields in the mountains, lots of twisties.

Probably lots of goods roads west towards the coast, but I have little experience in that area, unfortunately. There is some very nice scenery along the coast on 101.

I'll also suggest looking at the map, as it seems to show plenty of interesting looking backroads nearby, probably county and forest service roads.

Archived