BMW Sport Grips

BrittC

• Member Contributer

In a quest for a little more comfort, I was researching grip options and found that many sport-tourers are installing BMW Sport Grips (BMW part numbers 32721458395 & 32721458396)

I ordered them from bikebandit.com and they arrived nice and quick. Installation was simple - remove bar ends, cut off the old grips, and use hairspray to slide the new grips on. One little catch was that the BMW grips are longer than the OEM grips, so I had to trim a little off the end. In my opinion, it's impossible to notice. I could have modified my switch housings to move them inward on the bars to make room, but I didn't want to.

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

Because of all the snow I have not ridden with them yet but they feel much better than the Pro Grip gel grips I had on there. The fit fine over my Symtec grip heaters and the heat seems to come through these thicker grips just fine.

Guest flasher2001

nice find, BC!

i put those grips on my ST1300 (also with symtecs) and they proved to be VERY comfortable with good heating qualities. i plan to do the same to my VFR in the fall, when i install symtecs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Cool find, Britt. I'll have to keep them in mind next time I change my grips. I've got a set of Driven D3 gel grips that I bought over the winter that I have yet to put on. Later this month I plan on a weekend of farkle installs. I've had my eye on the Drivens for a while, but I hear they wear out. When they do, I'll look into the BMW's.