Bluetooth Helmet

Guest TWIST'DGRIP

Guest TWIST'DGRIP

Currently I'm using a Scala solo rider unit, and I find it works OK. I'd like to connect an MP3 to it through the bluetooth capability. Has anyone ever tried this. I dont like the idea of having to replace my Shoei RF-1000 for a full blue tooth unit. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Member Contributer

I've done it...

Need a bluetooth adapter for non-bluetooth cell phones. Few years back you could find them everywhere now they are a little harder. Ebay is where I got my new one few months back.

Here is the model I use, plug it in to my Zumo 450 (no BT) and I'm good to go

Jabra-A210

You do need a Stero to mono adapter and a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, battery life is good, it out lasts the Scala unit all the time. And you can't use your phone at the same time. The Scala unit can't handle more than one connection at a time.

If you have a blackberry there is an app for about $10 called podtraper, its ment for pod-cast but it will play MP3's out to the Scala uints and your phone still works. Only problem with it, its not a real MP3 player so it doesn't shuffle or replay you songs.

I have the Q2 and use a phone like this. It depends on the phone. My Nokia connects fine, music and phone calls. My G1 phone is phone only. Connected to the garmin, all works well...but technically things are then paired to the gps.

I got the Nokia on the cheap just for this reason and use it only when riding.

Just a note, I do not find that switching scenarios works well with the Scala. I have two units and leave them paired like this, one for the Nokia and one for the gps. I find I have to delete the pairings to use both seamlessly. And gps and two helmets? I've never been able to get that to work consistently or have the passenger hear the music (which I believe they should).

Makes me wonder about the newest Chatterbox bt...but what an expensive test!

Archived