Alpinestar Smx4 Boots

whiteboyslo

• Member Contributer

so i just got my new Alpinestar boots today, and i'm super impressed.

random pic from google:

alpinestars-s-mx-4.jpg

these boots are super comfy right out of the box. and i'm not just talking comfy for a riding boot, they're just plain comfy. the ankle support is great, the arch support is great, and they're full of awesome features. it has multiple vents, hard plastic shields around the entire ankle, and toe sliders. it also has a super tough layer of leather on the inside of the boot, which is great since my last pair of boots wore through from rubbing on the heel guard on my 6th gen.

the only minor complaints i have about these are: 1) they're a biotch to get off and 2) they're a bit odd to shift in. hopefully both of these traits will be taken care of with a bit more time.

i've talked to many others about these boots and Alpinestars in general. i have yet to hear a bad review and many people have said they've gotten many many years out of a single set.

as far as sizing goes, be warned that these boots run LARGE! i wear size 14 or 15 in every shoe brand i've tried in the last 5 years, and yet with these i wear 48s (which, according to Alpinestar's conversion chart is a 12.5). if you order online, go one size smaller.

also, these boots are being discontinued. unfortunately, this doesn't seem to mean a price break from anyone. they're pretty much $200 anywhere you go. i found them for $190 at www.motosport.com with free 2-Day FedEx shipping, but that's about it.

in all, i highly recommend these.

Mike

• Member Contributer
so i just got my new Alpinestar boots today, and i'm super impressed.

random pic from google:

alpinestars-s-mx-4.jpg

these boots are super comfy right out of the box. and i'm not just talking comfy for a riding boot, they're just plain comfy. the ankle support is great, the arch support is great, and they're full of awesome features. it has multiple vents, hard plastic shields around the entire ankle, and toe sliders. it also has a super tough layer of leather on the inside of the boot, which is great since my last pair of boots wore through from rubbing on the heel guard on my 6th gen.

the only minor complaints i have about these are: 1) they're a biotch to get off and 2) they're a bit odd to shift in. hopefully both of these traits will be taken care of with a bit more time.

i've talked to many others about these boots and Alpinestars in general. i have yet to hear a bad review and many people have said they've gotten many many years out of a single set.

as far as sizing goes, be warned that these boots run LARGE! i wear size 14 or 15 in every shoe brand i've tried in the last 5 years, and yet with these i wear 48s (which, according to Alpinestar's conversion chart is a 12.5). if you order online, go one size smaller.

also, these boots are being discontinued. unfortunately, this doesn't seem to mean a price break from anyone. they're pretty much $200 anywhere you go. i found them for $190 at www.motosport.com with free 2-Day FedEx shipping, but that's about it.

in all, i highly recommend these.

Mike

pretty

good price

I am inspired

thanks

• Member Contributer

I love mine, are also a 48 euro which fit me perfectly, bought them brand new in the box for $125 shipped from a rider on supermotojunkie.com, great boot even better deal for me. :warranty:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived