Turn Signal Relay?. . . Help!

cstmvfr3

• Member Contributer

I started to put my bike 3rd gen back together after it had been taken apart for some modifications and the rear turn signal wont flash, they will just turn on and stay on when i hit the switch on the handlebar. I wired new ones in that came with the undertail that i got for it and they would have to be wired in correctly if i was getting power to them , therefore there isn't a problem with any of the wires, i was thinking that is was probably the relay but the manual didn't give insturctions on how to test it, can it be tested? I went to the local dealership today and the wanted 60 dollars for a replacement, so i tried the relay off of my buell and i had the same results so maybe they are both bad. Also, all the fuses are good. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I started to put my bike 3rd gen back together after it had been taken apart for some modifications and the rear turn signal wont flash, they will just turn on and stay on when i hit the switch on the handlebar. I wired new ones in that came with the undertail that i got for it and they would have to be wired in correctly if i was getting power to them , therefore there isn't a problem with any of the wires, i was thinking that is was probably the relay but the manual didn't give insturctions on how to test it, can it be tested? I went to the local dealership today and the wanted 60 dollars for a replacement, so i tried the relay off of my buell and i had the same results so maybe they are both bad. Also, all the fuses are good. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Are the lights LED ??? If they are some flashers wont work cuase there isnt enough current draw with LEDS

Archived