Advice Needed On Micron High Mount

BrittC

• Member Contributer

I read that Micron has stopped building motorcycle systems and will be concentrating on mufflers for cars. I really want a Micron high mount on my 2001, and now I need to hurry and order one before they are gone.

I am going to go with either the Chrome/Stainless, the Polished, or the Titanium. I like the look of carbon fiber but have decided to stay a little more traditional with a metal look.

The polished (I assume it's aluminum) is $50 cheaper than the other two but I am not sure why I should spend the extra $50 for either titanium or stainless. I know that stainless steel and titanium are more expensive metals than aluminum, but in practical use as a VFR muffler, are they really any better? If so, why?

Does anyone have some quick input so that I can decide today and order one?

Thanks in advance!

I put Microns stainless on my bike about 3 months ago, honestly I like the fact that they take just a quick wipe down when I'm washing the bike... Helps that I got them from a buddy of mine who sold his VFR but even then, I'd go with the stainless... I bought them for the sound... and they look good too...gallery_13384_3869_479136.jpg

07.13.08.b.jpg

mine's the one in the middle, sorry, I don't have a close-up but should still be able to see them pretty good if you click on the picture...

Archived