Gen 4 Rear End Cleanup...

Guest Logicus

Question

Guest Logicus

So I've been looking around and seen only a couple of threads with much mention of a fender eliminator and hugger for the 1997's and lower. Wondering what people are using and why? Has anyone done an undertail type of project?

Also, looking for the best option of a muffler. I want loud and any help in performance will be welcome but not as important.

Steering stabilizers or dampers for these things?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Usually its best to take your cutoff wheel to the stock fender leaving enough to remount your plate. Have not had a need for any stabilizer, money better spent on better shock and springs.

P1000371.jpg

Stabilizers are unnecessary on these bikes. I used a hot razor blade to cut the bottom of my fender off and drilled holes to mount the plate. As far as a pipe I don't think anyone is making new ones anymore. You will most likely have to find a used one on E-bay or possibly on here, so you will probably just have to take whatever you can get. Good luck with that.

Thanks for the responses... I've been looking at it and thinking dremel tool (the fender) and moving the plate up to just under the taillight.

On mufflers, I've found D&D, Staintune, Micron and Two Bros.

Any big differences or major pros or cons on these mufflers?

Thanks again!

Archived