Rear Brake Light Adjustment

Guest sfde71

Question

Guest sfde71

Hey guys,

I just installed Larry's lowering blocks and got the shifter a brake adjusted, but I'm not sure how to get the rear brake light to shut off now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

2 answers to this question

Hey guys,

I just installed Larry's lowering blocks and got the shifter a brake adjusted, but I'm not sure how to get the rear brake light to shut off now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

If it's a 6th gen, there is a knurled plastic nut that sits on top of the plastic actuator switch. Pull up on it to get it out of the plate hole so you don't have as much drag on it when spinning it. Turn it upwards (more threads below it than on top of it) to delay the brake light actuation, turn it the other way to get quicker actuation. It's fairly simple to do, no special tools other than some nimble fingers. Lay on your back on the right side of the bike and the piece is easy to see. It's right behind the brake pedal arm.

Great, I will go check that out.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Matt

If it's a 6th gen, there is a knurled plastic nut that sits on top of the plastic actuator switch. Pull up on it to get it out of the plate hole so you don't have as much drag on it when spinning it. Turn it upwards (more threads below it than on top of it) to delay the brake light actuation, turn it the other way to get quicker actuation. It's fairly simple to do, no special tools other than some nimble fingers. Lay on your back on the right side of the bike and the piece is easy to see. It's right behind the brake pedal arm.

Archived