This Is Really Silly But ..........

Guest akyoung

Question

Guest akyoung

Hope someone out there can help ..........

i need to get my VFR800 (2003) re-sprayed after it rolled off the side stand :warranty:

I have removed the rear and side cowls - but am struggling to find any information on removing the front cowl with the headlight.

Does anyone have any instructions / diagrams on how to do this ........... or am i just being totally inept

2 answers to this question

Hope someone out there can help ..........

i need to get my VFR800 (2003) re-sprayed after it rolled off the side stand :fing02:

I have removed the rear and side cowls - but am struggling to find any information on removing the front cowl with the headlight.

Does anyone have any instructions / diagrams on how to do this ........... or am i just being totally inept

I took the front off of my 02 last summer before I found out about that wire harness recall. I was trying to see if those relays uder the guages were the problem. It took some time and a lot of careful moving of the different pannels to not scratch the paint. I didn't have any manuals of instructions to do it, I just kept on removing things till I got what I wanted off. It's not too hard from what I remember though, it just takes time.

1. Remove the mirrors.

2. Take off the black dash cover.

3. Unplug/disconnect the headlights and turn signals.

4. There are two black 6 mm bolts holding the front cowl on. When you go to re-install it, you will notice there are two "nubs" sticking up and the bottom of the fairing bracket that two of the holes the fairing bracket must fit over. They will have some rubber grommets in them.

5. The instruments do not come off with the front cowling. They are attached to fairing bracket.

Archived