Cyclone 866f Alarm

Guest hougy

Guest hougy

First off, I'd like to say I got this alarm because I am very protective of my belongings.

Now with that said, my overall conclusion of the Cyclone 866F alarm system is that it is crap.

REVIEW of CYCLONE 866F

Cyclone_Alarm_Blue.jpg

1. (WEEK ONE and TWO) First of all, the installation manual did not work for me. I acquired assistance from the member TIGHTWAD and the alarm system manufactorer (Found at http://www.kiramek.com/english/products/cyclone/index.html or http://www.wcc-tech.com/cyclone866F.htm for USA) about this issue. The alarm did not activate, and the provided LED did not function. After I followed the advice from TIGHTWAD (later suggested by WCC-TECH), the alarm worked nice and loud after 10 days of troubleshooting. Customer support at WCC-Tech was great and spoke down to earth, something you don't find to often. but the issue was mainly resolved to TIGHTWAD (thanks)! I am not an idiot, I work on electronics in the Navy. My installation was done according to the provided installation manual.

2. (WEEK THREE [ Out of Area due to Gov't orders]) The alarm worked well. Did not give off false alarms (some has to literally sit on your bike and move it around a tad bit for it to sound off). I was satisfied with it and I could be rest assured my friends wold not set it off as they started up their loud vehicles (as some other alarms might do). Alarm started to begin to be near-silent at the end of the week.

3. (WEEK FOUR[Out of Area due to Gov't orders]) The alarm is near silent now. I set it off on accident and noticed the VFR would not start (Starter immobilizer was activated), after I took off my helmet I BARLEY heard the alarm going off (Which kills the bike from starting). Disarmed system and bike started fine. Alarm would sound off loud as it should some days, and other days be near silent (about 50/50).

4. WEEK FIVE (Back home)) Crap, forgot to send in warranty card...they better accept it after the troubleshooting I did. Alarm is STILL silent. Issue has been submitted to customer support. Awaiting warranty claim or a magical technique to get the alarm working once again.

SUMMARY: This alarm seems like it would work very well, but I am not sure if the speaker holds up...which defeats the purpose to begin with. I cannot say where I was, other than at a school, during weeks three and four due to OPSEC. Regardless, this system bugged out and I couldn't do a thing about it until I returned back home.

OVERALL REVIEW= POOR (until further review is posted). I do NOT recommend anyone buy this unit until this issue is SUCCESSFULLY resolved.

My bike: 2000 Honda VFR 800fi

Edited by hougy