Stomp Grips

Guest Pete McCrary

Question

Guest Pete McCrary

Since Stomp Grips doesn't make a kit specifically for a 6th Gen VFR, which kit seems to fit the 6th Gen model the best?

6 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I used the Universal kit -- no modifications. Just be sure to apply on a clean surface. Also, I use a hairdryer to heat the glue as I install. Burns my fingertips, but the install lasts. Good luck. :huh:

gallery_2925_3229_174168.jpg

100_2797.jpg

Good looking job. Do they really make a difference? I'm a big hugger of the tank with my knees. You put a super wax job on the tank and it doesn't do a lot of good.

Just curious - do you wax the asphalt color bikes or just hit them with Mother's Back to Black or what? BTW, I live in the part of GA where primer is considered an acceptable car color.

I've got a 5th gen and am looking at getting Stomp Grips or something similar. Not interested in racing or track days, but would like a better grip on the tank. I most often ride in a 'stich, but wear other textiles and full leathers as well, in case gear is a consideration when selecting material or brand.

Any 5th gen owners care to share their experiences with this type of product?

• Member Contributer
Good looking job. Do they really make a difference? I'm a big hugger of the tank with my knees. You put a super wax job on the tank and it doesn't do a lot of good.

Just curious - do you wax the asphalt color bikes or just hit them with Mother's Back to Black or what? BTW, I live in the part of GA where primer is considered an acceptable car color.

On the Stomps, yes, they make a huge difference if you incorporate your lower body into your riding. There are some other products that give grip too, Ice (perhaps made by Tech-Spec) is but one example, but Stomps are aggressive and work well for me.

On the asphalt, no wax at all. Just wash and wipe dry -- keeps the "flat" finish flat. B)

• Member Contributer

Make sure you prep the surface with alcohol or some other oil remover and use a hairdryer. My track bike grips fell off after about 6 weeks! I just slapped them on at a Keith Code track day. Big mistake.

Archived