Simple Exhaust Upsweep Mod For 4th Gen

Guest COTU

Just messing around today and did this to see what it would look like. By taking the passenger peg bracket and rotating it forward to use the front frame mount bolt in the rear bracket hole, it effectively increases the angle of the exhaust. Of course the bracket will not be nearly as strong with the one bolt, but if I plan on keeping it this way, a steel plate fabbed to tie the three mount points together should be easy. This mod does move the peg up a little, but not much. The empty hole should not be too ugly once a bolt is in it. I think this mod makes the small D&D pipe much better, and of course it shows off the wheel a little better too. Check it out.

upsweep2.jpg

rearsweep.jpg

• Member Contributer
That's an interesting idea but I dont like how the muffler looks. I think it looks better when it's mounted parallel to the bodywork/tailsection

:unsure: The muffler simply HAS to run in parallel with the bodywork, otherwise it just looks out of place. If you could raise the entire muffler and run it along the edge of the fairing... but that would involve much more than just turning the peg bracket.

• Member Contributer
That's an interesting idea but I dont like how the muffler looks. I think it looks better when it's mounted parallel to the bodywork/tailsection

+1.gif The muffler simply HAS to run in parallel with the bodywork, otherwise it just looks out of place. If you could raise the entire muffler and run it along the edge of the fairing... but that would involve much more than just turning the peg bracket.

Plenty of bikes get away with the exhaust not running parallel w/ the body work. TLR, RC51, etc. I think Aprilia may also have a model with upswept pipes. Seems like a V-Twin phenomenon... But whatever... Either way, the bike is sweeeet as hell.

I'd strip the lip of the front wheel too. :blink:

TLR_ALL_PAINT.jpg

Edited by Alien TLR

FYI Two Brothers makes or at least made a pretty neet bracket to take the place of the rear peg ass. I know cause I have one...I never used and should sell since I have a high mount StainTune and removed the rear pegs you can see on this website.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/joefoefrombuffalo/97vfr750/