Dying Out, Again And Again!

Guest tribalrider

Guest tribalrider

I think that the answer may be the R/R?

Here is my problem... I ride a 1993VFR750F. I has been relatively trouble free. Until i had some routine maintanence done. After installing a new set of sprockets and new chain, then tuning it up the problems started. My mechanic sad it was the 30A relay connector. So he rebuilt the end connector. then the bike started stalling on me after about 20 mins of riding. It has done this three times (once in the fast lane of the 10 FWY in SoCal). Well it happended again yesterday and I had to get towed home. The bike died and stranded me. I thought the battery did not get charged. the lights were dim and the horn was very faint. this afternoon I tried starting the bike just for laughs, and wouldnt you know it, it started!!!!!!.

I am sure that if I go out for another ride it will stall again. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

i'd check the battery then the stator for proper voltage then regulator- rectifier but you may have a loose conection someplace, check all your conectors for snugness and discoloration hope this helps, good luck,btw do you have a shop manual for your bike? also while checking the stator if the mechanic had to go in there and didnt put the case on perfectly straight that can short out your stator and your charging system won't get enough juice.

Guest tribalrider
i'd check the battery then the stator for proper voltage then regulator- rectifier but you may have a loose conection someplace, check all your conectors for snugness and discoloration hope this helps, good luck,btw do you have a shop manual for your bike? also while checking the stator if the mechanic had to go in there and didnt put the case on perfectly straight that can short out your stator and your charging system won't get enough juice.

Thanks for the good advice. I do have a shop manual. I will take a look and start with some simple connector cleaning.

Archived