Clicking From Ignition Switch.

Guest racermike86

Guest racermike86

Well i think my ignition switch finally took a dump on me this AM, while leaving for work. Neibor walked out helped me wiggle it and we got it started.. Now it wont start at work it just clicks when i goto start it. From my research it all shows that its bad. My question is now... is there still a way to rig it up to start. like i know with a car if u take a screwdriver between the two neg/pos termanals on it, it will fire... will this work on my bike.

Thanks a ton guys!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest racermike86

UPDATE:

So like i mentioned i was goin g to try putting a screwdriver between the two termanals on the switch to start it (ive done this with cars before) but didnt know how a motorcycle charge system would handle it.

Just walked outside and tried it out, seems to work but dummy me forgot the bike was in 1st gear and almost had more problems then a 68.xx$ switch.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like a friend of mine talking...

Uhh, I know, because I was informed by a friend, a former convict - grand theft auto - that this should get any vehicle going...

:unsure:

Hopefully it gets a permanent fix, not that I helped with that! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I had an 87 VFR700FII and the controls often would get "dirty". So, before you go replacing the controls, take them apart and clean all the contacts with so electric contact cleaner and then put it back together and try it out.

May save you some time & money. This personally caused problem on my bike with the left control and the headlights.

P.S. been a member since 2003 and finally broke the 100 post mark. :thumbsup:

Guest racermike86

Yeah its just a temporay fix til it comes in from Honda. I know how to do this cause i work in the auto salvage industry also, not a car theif wink.gif.

VFRDYLAN, you cleaned what controls now, on the clipons?

COngrats on the 100 mark also man!

Archived