Fuel Cut Of Relay

scotinexcile

• Member Contributer

Trying to trouble shoot my not starting issue.

No lights from the FI light when I short the service check connector

In the manual it says to attach a 12v Bty to the Black/White and Brown connectors on the Fuel Cut of Relay

Then measure the resistance across the Brown/Black and Black/White connectors.

It says there should be continuity ONLY when the 12V bty is connected. If there is no continuity when Bty is connected then replace

Well mine has continuity even when no Bty is attached to it.

Should I look at replacing it?

Trying to trouble shoot my not starting issue.

No lights from the FI light when I short the service check connector

In the manual it says to attach a 12v Bty to the Black/White and Brown connectors on the Fuel Cut of Relay

Then measure the resistance across the Brown/Black and Black/White connectors.

It says there should be continuity ONLY when the 12V bty is connected. If there is no continuity when Bty is connected then replace

Well mine has continuity even when no Bty is attached to it.

Should I look at replacing it?

That test seems backward. To me, it would seem preferable to attach the battery to Br/Bl and Bl/W of the coil, then test continuity across the Br and Bl/W poles.

fuelcutqh3.jpg

fuelcutqh3.th.jpg

• Member Contributer

:goofy: I know your problems are related to the fuel system, so just a quick note about the pump if you plan on taking it out. I strongly suggest that you get a new rubber gasket. I bought a used tank with a pump, which had been sitting for a while, and the gasket was leaking like crazy when I poured gas in. It might be worth it to have one handy.

Back on topic, just for the fun of it, did you try to connect power directly to the pump to hear if it work?

• Member Contributer

VFOr,

Those were the instructions in the shop manual. I did not want to connect power across the other 2 terminals in case I shorted something out.

Stephane,

I have not tried connecting the power directly to the fuel pump yet. When I put the Fuel Cut of Relay back in and test for power at the fuel pump there is nothing. The manual says I should see a "spike" for a few seconds after the key is turned and that is not happening.

Looks like no power is getting to the Fuel pump!

Archived