Wiring Diagram 1996

Guest slip

Does anyone have a schematic of the brake light wiring? I have designed a brake light modulator similar to the Back Off one.

Does anyone have a schematic of the brake light wiring? I have designed a brake light modulator similar to the Back Off one.

Honda service manual can be found on the Interweb... for instance, here

Thanks!

You're welcome. Would you tell us more about your brake light modulator design?

It works like this, when brakes are applied, the brake light will blink 4 times before coming on steady. And the time on changes each time it blinks. Makes you a little bit more noticeable!! The neat thing about my circuit is that you can disable it by pulling in the brake lever before turning the ignition key to the on position.

• Member Contributer
It works like this, when brakes are applied, the brake light will blink 4 times before coming on steady. And the time on changes each time it blinks.

That should be fairly simple. I can think of a PIC, a voltage regulator and a MOSFET. Just make sure the brake light would still function if the PIC goes bad.

The neat thing about my circuit is that you can disable it by pulling in the brake lever before turning the ignition key to the on position.

Wouldn't that last function require a separate wire from the ignition switch to the modulator? Otherwise, the modulator could plug-in directly between the factory connectors with no additional wiring.

It works like this, when brakes are applied, the brake light will blink 4 times before coming on steady. And the time on changes each time it blinks.

That should be fairly simple. I can think of a PIC, a voltage regulator and a MOSFET. Just make sure the brake light would still function if the PIC goes bad.

The neat thing about my circuit is that you can disable it by pulling in the brake lever before turning the ignition key to the on position.

Wouldn't that last function require a separate wire from the ignition switch to the modulator? Otherwise, the modulator could plug-in directly between the factory connectors with no additional wiring.

I am actually using an 8 pin ATTiny13 device. :thumbsup: The circuit does use an extra wire. One wire for the ground terminal, one to the positive terminal, and two are used for the brake light. You cut the brake light wire to connect these.

I am actually using an 8 pin ATTiny13 device. :thumbsup: The circuit does use an extra wire. One wire for the ground terminal, one to the positive terminal, and two are used for the brake light. You cut the brake light wire to connect these.

- and a voltage reg, and power Bipolor transistor.

Archived